Other Personal Documents
You know what you want to say, but sometimes making yourself clearly understood is a difficult task—especially if you are writing about something that you are passionate about!
If you feel unsure about your grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and word choice, or just want to make sure to avoid any misunderstanding, that's okay! Your experienced WordsRU editor is familiar with the pesky writing issues that plague us all; we will help you to polish what you've written without altering your meaning or voice.
We edit personal documents of any length—from brief emails and long, formal letters to announcements and personal descriptions. If you are struggling to find a way to express yourself, just let your editor know and he or she will provide suggestions for a more effective presentation. WordsRU's editors know that personal documents are critical to making your voice be heard. Let us help you to present yourself and your message clearly and effectively.
We bring to your documents an objective, fresh pair of eyes with expertise in effective expression and formatting. WordsRU editing could be just what your document needs to ensure that your message receives the attention it deserves!
Some of the personal writing with which WordsRU can help include (but are not limited to)
- Letters to the editor,
- Résumés and cover letters,
- Letters and correspondence,
- Family or personal announcements,
- Dating profiles,
- Letters to your employer or HR department,
- Complaint or praise letters, and
- Family or holiday update letters.
Our services provide that your editor will
- Edit your work for grammatical, spelling, punctuation, tense, and typographical errors,
- Review word choice and sentence structure to ensure that your language flows according to your tone and style, to achieve a presentation that is consistent and uniquely you,
- Take great care to preserve your voice and meaning,
- Provide comments to bring your attention to any areas that could use further development, and
- Address any particular areas of concern that you may have.
Upon completion of the editing, your editor will return
- A marked copy, showing all corrections and comments,*
- A revised copy, with corrections accepted and comments removed,* and
- A document with additional comments, recommendations, and suggestions that supplement the comments in the manuscript, if such exposition is necessary.
*Because PDFs are only a depiction of text that cannot be altered, the editor will return only one copy, with marks that show where and what changes are required. If you have us edit a PDF, you will have to go back to the original file and insert the changes yourself.
We are aware that you will likely require assistance after you have reviewed the edited work, and WordsRU will not close the door on your document until you indicate that you are ready for us to do so. Once the edit is returned to you, your editor will
- Answer your questions,
- Explain any comments and recommendations provided in the edited document, and
- Review specific, short passages of text you have revised or rewritten per the comments.
Every editing project is overseen from start to finish by a chief editor, who will monitor the progress of your project and provide assistance to you if necessary. While communication with your editor occurs through our secure messaging system, your chief editor is available if you need to speak to a "live" person.